July - September 2020 | various locations
Films at the Vovk Garden
Just The summer brings us back to our little open-air cinema, where many good films are to be seen. Each Thursday in July and August, we spread our picnic blankets, bring some chairs and let ourselves be carried away by extraordinary stories on the screen.
In the beginning and in the end, there will be films by France Štiglic, pioneer of the Slovenian cinema who was born in Kranj. In addition to these two classics, the summer breeze will brings us also more recent award-winning stories from Slovenia and abroad. See you every Thursday at movie night! Entry is free.
Thursday, 29 August 2019
- 8pm: On Our Own Land (France Štiglic, 1948, 106’, Slovenian, Vovk garden)
* In the event of rain, the film projections will take place in the Škrlovec Tower.
Thursday, 4 July 2019
- 9pm: Valley of Peace (France Štiglic, 1956, 88’, Slovenian)
Thursday, 11 July 2019
- 9pm: Everybody Knows (Asghar Farhadi, 2018, 132’, English, Spanish, Catalan)
Thursday, 18 July 2019
- 9pm: My Last Year as a Loser (Urša Menart, 2018, 88’, Slovenian)
Thursday, 25 July 2019
- 9pm: Dogman (Matteo Garrone, 2018, 103’, Italian)
Thursday, 1 August 2019
- 9pm: Shoplifters (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2018, 121’, Japanese)
Thursday, 8 August 2019
- 9pm: You Were Never Really Here (Lynne Ramsay, 2017, 90’, English)
Thursday, 15 August 2019
- 9pm: A Century of Dreams (Ven Jemeršić, 2019, 86’, Slovenian)
Thursday, 22 August 2019
- 8pm: Erased (Miha Mazzini, 2018, 85’, Slovenian)