14 June – 19 September 2019 | various locations
Summer with the Prešeren Award Laureates
Throughout the summer, at various locations in Kranj there will be conversations with artists who once won the Prešeren Award or the Prešeren Fund Award. As an overture into the summer, the opening of an exhibition will be held in Prešeren’s House on Friday, 14 June, at 7 pm, with selected works by Prešeren Award Laureates from museums of the Gorenjska region.
The official start of the Summer with Prešeren Award Laureates will be dedicated to ARTISTS FROM THE SLOVENIAN PART OF ISTRIA. The opening of their exhibition will coincide with the event Museums on a Summer Night, on Saturday, June 15 at 7pm in the gallery of Prešeren Award Laureates. Works by Janez Lenassi, Zvest Apollonio, Andraž Šalamun, Živko Marušič and Aleksij Kobal from the permanent collection of the Piran Coastal Galleries will be presented by the custodian Nives Marvin.
On Thursday, 20 June, the poets Andrej Medved and Iztok Geister will have a talk and reading in this gallery – they also received the Prešeren Fund Award. In July and August there will be some more Summer with Prešeren Award Laureates events, organized by Marko Arnež, head of this gallery, in cooperation with the Gorenjska Museum, the Layer House, the Prešeren Theatre and the Kranj Tourism and Culture Board. The closing event in September will be at the Pavšlar House, a presentation of the poetry collection Touching the Distances 2, which is currently being written in cooperation with Fraport Slovenija d.o.o.
Friday, 14 June 2019
- 7pm: Opening of the exhibition: works by the Prešeren Award Laureates from museums in the Gorenjska region (Prešeren’s House)
Saturday, 16 June 2019
- 7pm: Opening of the exhibition: Prešeren Award Laureates from the Slovenian part of Istria (Gallery of Prešeren Award Laureates)
Thursday, 20 June 2019
- 7pm: Poetry Evening with Andrej Medved and Iztok Geister (Gallery of Prešeren Award Laureates)
Wednesday, 14 August 2019
- 7pm: Poetry Evening with the Jure Jakob (Prešeren’s House)
Saturday, 31 August 2019
- 5pm: Who made the shirt for Videk (Prešeren Theatre)
Thursday, 19 September 2019
- 6pm: Presentation of the poetry collection Dotiki daljav 2 (Gallery of Prešeren Award Laureates)