What is good to know before arriving in Kranj?
- Currency: euro (€)
- Time zone: Central European Time (UTC + 1)
- Telephone: country code for Slovenia +386; local code for Kranj 04
- Police: 113
- Emergency: 112
- KRANJopen – free Wi-Fi internet for locals and tourists (2 hours)
- Free Wi-Fi hotspots: TIC Kranj, Kranj Town Library, most bars, restaurants and cafés
- Galleries and museums are open every day except Mondays. Some galleries, shops and restaurants are closed for holidays, that is on 1 and 2 January / 27 April / 1 and 2 May / 25 June / 15 August / 31 October / 1 November / 25 and 26 December, the Gallery of Prešeren Award Laureates is closed also on Sundays.
- WC: free public toilet – Mestno vstraniše, Glavni trg 17, 4000 Kranj (Google Maps)
- Pharmacy at the Kranj Eagle: Glavni trg 21, 4000 Kranj (Google Maps)
00 386 4 236 17 10
Tourist Information Centre
At the old town house in the Main Square (Glavni trg), we are full of ideas on how to explore the town and its surroundings or where to taste something delicious or where to go in the evening. Here you can also book a guided city tour, an active holiday, adrenaline sports or winter adventures, choose your favourite souvenirs or surf online.
Kranj House – Kranjska hiša
Glavni trg 2, 4000 Kranj
Sundays and holidays: 9am–6pm
Holiday opening hours:
Tuesday (Dec 25, 2018): 12:00 - 17:00
Tuesday (Jan 1, 2019): 12:00 - 17:00
00 386 4 238 04 50
00 386 4 238 04 51